The Gravity of the Thing’s editors are pleased to share our nominations for the 2020 Best of the Net anthology, the 2020 Shirley Jackson Awards, the 2021 Best Microfiction anthology, the 2021 PEN/Robert J. Dau Short Story Prize for Emerging Writers, the 2021 Best American anthologies, and the 2022 Pushcart Prize. A very big congratulations to our contributors! With these nominations, we hope to see your work read and enjoyed far and wide.
- Joshua James Amberson, “The Noblest of the Senses: A Catalog”
- Donald Anderson, “TNT”
- Jesi Bender, “How the Island Forms”
- Daneen Bergland, selected poems
- Katie Curran, “The Kaleidoscope”
- K. James D’Agostino, “The Worms”
- Franki Haber, “The Memory Game”
- Jessie Janeshek, “Run It up the Flagpole and See”
- J.I. Kleinberg, “We Are Bound”
- Lerato Ramodike, “Bodies in the Storm”
- Jade Wright, a six-word story
To read more of The Gravity of the Thing’s featured writing, as well as works nominated in previous years, please click here to visit our Features column.